Sunday, April 22, 2012

Social Media Project

The social media project was very interesting and challenging. I have learned so much in this class. I have been exposed to aspects of the web that I never used before. That being said, it can be overwhelming to essentially master every aspect required for this class. I realize that each part is critical to my success in the business world and for that, I appreciate the lessons.

Getting the team together was not easy. I was the first person to reach out to the group. The next person's post was three days later and he said the project was a mess. I was definitely not happy about that post. Immediately, I wondered where he had been for the last three days and how it was a mess when we had not even begun to assemble. Slowly, we began to communicate via a Facebook page. Here we were able to divide up the research aspect of the project.

The Google Doc was handy.I was a first time user of Google Doc and now feel comfortable using it in the future. Everyone on our team posted here. It was easy for me to research Facebook since I am so familiar with the site. Google Alerts was a service I had never used before. It certainly provides the user with more than enough information on the subject they wish to follow. I enjoyed learning about some of the other social media sites throughout the project.

I am not sure how the other teams felt about the onset of the project or for that matter how they felt about the completion of the project. Some of my team members were nowhere to be found at the end. I wonder if there were more specific requirements would there have been a stronger presence at the end.

All in all, I have thoroughly enjoyed this assignment and this class. I learned more in this class (probably because of all the hands-on work) than in any other class I can remember. Thank you for your time and thoughtfulness when creating this class.
Here is the link to our wikispace: http://ism3004socialmedia.wikispaces.com/Nike+Inc.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you ever so for you blog article. Really looking forward to read more. Really Great.
     MYOB Technical Support Number

    ReplyDelete